Is it safe to swim?
- Yes. The CDC issued guidance that it is safe to swim as the virus cannot be spread via properly chlorinated and maintained pool water. Every Emler pool meets or exceeds the health standards set by the CDC.
- Here is a LINK to the CDC direction on swimming and pool water.
- Likewise, HERE is an article outlining how the virus cannot be spread in a properly maintained pool.
What is Emler doing to keep the schools clean?
- We have always followed CDC cleaning protocols and those set out by other health professionals and authorities. We also use CDC-recommended cleaning products.
- The facility will be wiped down throughout the day as swim families come and go, including high traffic areas and all door handles, tables, chairs, toilets, etc.
- Disinfecting wipes will continue to be available throughout the facility and in changing areas.
- Hand sanitizer will remain available at all locations.
What can I do to keep the schools a safe place for me and my family?
- In general, if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of any illness, we ask that you fully recover before returning to the swim school.
What steps does Emler take to properly maintain their pools?
- Since its inception, Emler Swim School has been at the forefront of building and maintaining pools that fight the spread of viruses and bacteria, including COVID-19, as well as the flu and other common childhood viruses.
- Providing a safe and clean environment is why Emler Swim School has invested heavily in the infrastructure of our pools.
- In addition to the appropriate use of chlorine, each pool has a high-quality UV water purification system that keeps the water clean. When water is pumped through our UV system, ultraviolet light rays kill dangerous germs and inactivates viruses.
- Emler’s cutting-edge air filtration systems continuously expel stale air from the pool room and replace it with 100% ambient, fresh air at a rate of 8 times per hour.
- Our dehumidifiers have features like antimicrobial filters and controls that enable us to maintain healthy humidity levels that reduce the survival of bacteria and viruses.
- Emler Swim Schools are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment that monitors pool chemicals electronically and, in addition, we perform scheduled and documented manual water tests throughout the day to maintain healthy and balanced pools.
- Emler pools are permitted by the governing Health Departments and are periodically inspected without notice by local authorities.
- Basically, Emler pools are some of the cleanest and safest places for your children and our instructors.